As part of the measures taken by the government to support companies/businesses affected by the restrictive measures imposed to limit the spread of Coronavirus, the Registrar of Companies announced the following:
1. 4th Compliance Campaign for the filing of the pending Annual Return Reports:
- The process of publication in the Official Gazette of the Republic of the three months’ notice before the strike-off of non-compliant companies is suspended until January 2021.
2. Payment of the Annual Levy of €350:
- The possibility of payment of the Annual Levy for 2020 is extended until 31 December 2020 without the additional charge of 10% and 30%.
3. Imposition of additional charges/penalties for late submission of forms to the Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver:
- In co-operation with the House of Representatives, the implementation of the charges/penalties for late submission of forms to the Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver will be postponed to 2021.
4. Submission of the Annual Return Report of 2020 to the Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver:
- The Annual Return Report dated 01/01/2020 to 31/12/2020 may be submitted to the Department until 28/01/2021, without the imposition of the additional charge/penalty of €20 for late submission.
- Due to the relative adjustments to be made to the Registrar’s system, it is recommended that companies that intend to submit now the outdated Annual Return Report 2020 to the Department, await the relevant announcement for the Registrar of Companies Department.